Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CAUTION WET PAINT

Well, today I started painting, primer that is. Oh my, I had forgotten how much the drywall sucks up that primer. I haven't gotten very far at all. 2 walls and 1/2 the ceiling and most of the corners in the living room is all that I have finished. I worked on it for approximately 2 1/2 hours. I was hoping that it would have gone faster, so I can start opening up the awesome colors that I got yesterday.

Ryan gave me the go ahead to do a specialty paint technique in the living room. I think it will be really neat when it's all done, however, its the last room that will be able to be done. I bought 3 awesome metallic colors to complete the project. Ooh... they are so pretty. I am also excited to paint the dining room accent walls-- Deeply Red! So cool!

Tomorrow before Ryan's chemotherapy I am going to try my hardest to get the living room priming finished. I pray that it goes faster tomorrow than in seemed to tonight.

I am sure many of you are looking for an update on Ryan also. He is fairing this round of the "bad" chemo therapy well so far. Nausea has stayed in check for the most part, we pretty much have the troubleshooting figured out now... wish it would have been sooner. Reglan is great, and greasy foods --Bad! His main dilemma is sleeping, he is not sleeping very well at night and thus tired during the day. Please pray that Ryan get a restful nights sleep tonight, and throughout this hard week.

I am heading back to Ed, and Holly's house after I have cleaned up. We are staying out there since the guys sanding the drywall were finishing and cleaning up today. I don't need to have my boys breathing that nasty dust in. It's pretty much all settled tonight, so we should be in the clear to be at home after tonight. I am so excited to be getting closer to the finish line with our house!!

Artistically yours,
Cindy

2 comments:

Sarah Katherine said...

I wish I were there to help you! I remember how much you helped me paint that purple room...and guess what?? It's still very very purple to this day! My mom refers to it as "the purple room." It's currently holding all my wedding supplies, so it's rather full...but yes. Keep up the good posting!
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So glad to hear you have the drywall up. Hope everything is going okay for all of you. Wish I could come help you some time. I usually have Thur & Friday off. If you would like some help sometime give me a call. Would love to see my little Luke again. Love that little kid so much......
Love ya,
Aunt Patty