Thursday, August 6, 2009

L & D visit


Last night I had contractions 2-3 minutes apart for about 2 1/2 hours. I called the Dr. He said living so far away, maybe I should get checked. So I did-- same story 1-2 cm, 50% effaced and she is STILL way up there. AH! I am so disappointed. We were there for 6 hours and nothing, she didn't come down or dilate more or anything! I just am drained. I was up all night with these darn contractions, got them where I thought something must be happening, and nothing! NOTHING. I am 39 weeks today. I am tired. I am ready to meet my baby. I know that she was way too high to have an effective induction (or so they tell me). But I was 1 of 2 patients on their floor. Come on-- why couldn't I be induced. Did I really want that before though. No not really, and maybe once my groggy head wakes up I will realize that, but I was so d#&* ready for it though. I bawled when they sent me home. I just want to see her. I'm so stinking impatient! I am so emotional. My Contractions have slowed way down. 20-30 minutes apart now. I don't know if I should be fighting to keep them going, or relax and let them decide. Maybe I should go for a long walk, or maybe I should take a bumpy car ride, or DTD (which started this by the way). Sorry I'm probably way too personal this post, but I feel horrible and needed a vent. I am not sure how to decide when is it time now. I was sure that I was definitely doing something last night, and nada. I guess I will wait until they are harder contractions.... even if they are 1-2 minutes apart. Sigh. I need to pray for strength, because I do not have it right now!

No comments: