Saturday, August 1, 2009


Well Ryan didn't know why he was having a party honoring him. He was suprised a little. We had a great turn out. A little over 50 people is what I was told. It was so much fun. I loved visiting with everyone, seeing all the little kiddos playing and having a blast. The food turned out really great too. I just loved it. It was better than I had planned. I did expect it to be a late night event, but everyone helped me clean up and we were out of there before 1030. I was suprised! It was such a blessing to see so many people there and to have a chance to thank each of them. It was wonderful. Holly snapped some pictures, If I get ahold of any I will try to post them on here!

Well, many people teased me about popping before the night was up. You know what, I haven't felt this good in about 2 weeks. I am a little puffy, but I have not had hardly any contractions and barely any back pain today. My Grandma and my Mom had me planned for today. Unless its the calm before the storm, I don't think today is the day. I was hoping I would just have her before Monday that way I would be done with work, but I suppose my chances of that are slimming down.. (Maybe I'll take that drive through the corn field..... Nah, the corn is tall right now I couldn't drive over it! Tubing would be bumpy enough..... Hmmmm? :) I'll just wait it out!) Oh yeah, at my appointment they told me I was only 1-2cm dialated-- same lady checked too, so I am sure that she was trying to be hopeful for me and say "to 2cm".... Hahaha. I am still long she says also, so Adalei is still not engaged. I was really disappointed that day, but I am okay with it today. I think thats because the pain isn't there like it has been. I was getting so restless/anxious with the prospect that maybe we were getting close only to find I would stop and it was all just false labor.

I have had a few dreams about the labor. All went well, water broke and everything went nice and quick. I haven't been sleeping well, I keep on hoping that I will wake up to find that my water broke. So I been waking up to check and see, if there was any development. Dry. Sleep. Awake. Get up and pee. Sleep. Awake. Check. Dry. Sleep. And so on and so forth.

It will happen when God and Adalei decide its time, there is nothing that I can do to change that. Plus, I still have 12 days until she is due. Why am I getting in such a hurry!? Because I want to smell my baby girl, caress her sweet cheeks, pat her bottom, have her hold my finger. Sigh.....

No comments: