Friday, October 24, 2008

Shift gears back and head back to the starting gate

I didn't think today I would be relieved to hear that my pregnancy test was negative. Its the only thing I have wanted since we found out Ryan had cancer in April. However, when you hear that if you are pregnant it is a tubal pregnancy, your mind shifts gears, and that's what mine did today.

The pain was just like it was when I was carrying Luke. I also had a cyst when I got pregnant with Luke, so I knew the feeling, but the negative PT results were throwing me for a loop.

Luckily I was able to get an appointment with Dr. J. Wonderful man he is. He delivered Luke and I was blessed to have him today. He did an ultrasound and it showed a cyst and some free fluid in my abdomen. He also had me do a serum PT to r/o pregnancy, thus r/o a tubal pregnancy. That is why I was relieve to hear "the test came back negative."

The plan: wait it out. Most cysts go away by 10-12 weeks without problems. If I have increased pain, I have to go back. Otherwise I will see him again next month when he will do another US.

So I am not crazy! Good news to me. I was beginning to think all my symptoms were just made up because I wanted to be pregnant SO badly.

So I guess until next round of things I am going to be calm and happy. Thanks for the prays and concern.

No comments: