Thursday, July 16, 2009

Results

Heart appointment: wait it out. Dr. H. and I decided to see how things go for the next 4-5 weeks, if it becomes terrible go back. If my heart stuff doesn't settle down after Addie's here, go back, otherwise F/U in 6 months. My BP's run low already so he is nervous about placing me on a beta blocker. 106/60-- I agree. He tells me he is not sure why it happens, but some pregnant ladies do have issues with it. Piecing together Dr. H. and Dr. W.'s thoughts, I feel more at peace with the plan. I have had less frequent spells, however with worsening symptoms, but I believe that is because I getting bigger-- pregnancy wise. I am having more SOB because I am carrying a 5-6 pound baby around and all the extra stuff that comes along with it. So, I will continue to wait it out and monitor it, and be thankful its not a irregular rhythm. Now the OB Dr.s will have a heads up during my labor.

Baby appointment: So maybe she is not in the birth canal yet. They checked me when they were doing the swab stuff. I am 1 cm dilated and long. So still has to drop. That's okay. I'd hate to have her with her head in the birth canal for 4 weeks and be terribly cone headed anyways! :) Measuring at 38 weeks this week, so still 2 cm big. Her heart rate is 135. All is well and I go back next Thursday. So now I suppose I had better do the pregnancy questionnaire:

How far along: 36 weeks today!

Mommy's weight gain: I will say that it has jumped a little. 22 pounds.

Baby's size : according to babycenter. Addie is 18 inches long and almost 6 pounds.

Cravings: pretty much anything sweet will do. Ice cream for the last week, I finally indulged and had some yummy peanut butter/chocolate swirl last night. Very tasty.

Labor signs: Like I said yesterday, the lower back pressure and pain, and last night I had some bad contractions, but after I went to bed they went away.

Maternity clothes: just trying to make these last few weeks stretch by with what I have. Hubby's t-shirts and stretchy pants at home. I will have to go and get a new outfit later this month. We will see how that all pans out.

Sleep: Actually I have slept great the last couple of nights!

Milestone: 1 cm dilated! and being full term now. Phew. Baby can show up anytime if she wants.

We are starting to get the rooms situated for the baby. Ryan is going to work on the "new" dresser for Luke's room, and then we will bring his old one out to the living room, and attach the diaper changer pad to it. Viola, baby station for Mom in the middle of the night. Luke's new room is still on the stand still. One word--Drywall. Yuck. I am going to see how much I can reorganize our room and have Ryan make some small furniture adjustments so I can place the bassinet next to our bed. I feel so unprepared. Ryan is not much for getting things rearranged, "we have like 4 weeks still." SO frustrating! He'll kick it in gear though the week that she shows up..... :)

No comments: